L’Objet creates designs for the home that are both luxurious and functional works of art, crafted with the highest degree of excellence and quality.
Redesigning their e-Commerce site for a more intuitive user experience and better site speed.
- UI/UX Design
When Beautiful Destinations went eCommerce, they turned to BlueSwitch to create something never done before: AMP on Shopify Plus. We leveraged AMP to create interactive guides for exciting locales around the world.
What We Did
Create interactive, content-rich, mobile-first travel guides that would offer users a unique, new way to learn about culture, sights, and activities around the world.
- AMP stories on Shopify Plus
Beautiful Destinations was launching a new initiative, leveraging their high follower amount from their social media platforms. For this, they wanted to create an eCommerce site that was both traditional (selling physical products), to immersive, focusing on tourism. The Beautiful Destinations team knew video format would be imperative, so we worked together to create AMP stories on Shopify to bring life to this new and exciting experience.
- Heavy use of video without slowing down the site
- Create a familiar experience where users were predominantly coming from Instagram and other social media platforms
- Add revenue-generating options for users who were exploring tourism guides
BlueSwitch tried something never done before on Shopify: Intstagram-like stories (Google Stories) onto Shopify Plus. The travel guides are now a centerpiece of Beautiful Destinations’ 2020 initiative, Spin the World. By leveraging BlueSwitch’s program Multify, the web dev team created visually rich, SEO-friendly stories on their eCommerce site for their travel guides.
- Designed and developed AMP pages to work within Shopify
- Used Multify to manage AMP stories for their guides
- Implemented a custom-built page designer
- Boosted SEO and increased click through rate